What Are Snap-In Implant Dentures?
Snap-In Implant Dentures are dentures with special fittings that work by attaching to dental implants that the doctor places in your jaw. The implants provide stability and reduce bone loss, which can improve your nutrition and overall oral health.
This allows you to enjoy your favorite foods, speak confidently, and smile without worrying about your dentures falling out. Additionally, this dental treatment helps eliminate discomfort caused by the movement of traditional dentures.
At Dogwood Dental, Dr. Eric Jacobs can also remove a portion of the palate, exposing the roof of the mouth, which can reduce or eliminate gagging caused by your dentures.
Differences Between Snap-In Implant Dentures and Traditional Dentures
Traditional dentures: are a popular and cost-effective way to replace missing teeth, but they have several shortcomings in terms of overall function and stability. Snap-In Implant Dentures are an excellent alternative to traditional dentures, offering a more secure fit and improved functionality.
Here are some of the differences between the two options:
Shortfalls of traditional (non-implant) dentures:
- Limited chewing power: Traditional dentures only offer 10-20% of the chewing power of natural teeth due to movement and instability.
- Speech difficulties: Speaking can be challenging due to the movement of the lower denture.
- Embarrassment: Fear of dentures becoming loose and falling out can lead to embarrassment and social anxiety.
- Discomfort: Traditional dentures can rub and chafe the gums, causing irritation and discomfort.
- Poor nutrition: Due to the loss of chewing power, patients may be unable to eat a balanced diet and chew food sufficiently for proper digestion.
- Bone loss: Traditional dentures can accelerate bone loss, making it more difficult to wear them over time.
- Gagging: Traditional upper dentures can cause gagging, leading to a decrease in stability and loss of natural suction.
Are You A Candidate for Snap-In Implant Dentures at Dogwood Dental?
At Dogwood Dental, we understand the importance of a healthy and confident smile. If you are missing teeth or struggling with traditional dentures, you may be a candidate for implant dentures. Dr. Eric Jacobs will perform a thorough oral examination and take a 3-dimensional scan of your jawbones to assess your bone density and determine the optimal placement of your dental implants. We will also discuss your medical history to ensure that you are a good candidate for implant dentures.
How Many Implants Will You Need?
The number of dental implants you will need depends on the type of implant denture you require. For an upper implant denture, at least four implants are required to provide optimal retention and stability. For a lower implant denture, two implants are the minimum, although three or four are typically recommended for the best results.
At Dogwood Dental, we are committed to providing personalized and comprehensive dental care. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Eric Jacobs and take the first step towards a healthier, more confident smile.